Plugin name: Really Simple SSL
Really Simple SSL automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over HTTPS. To keep it lightweight, we kept the options to a minimum. Your website will move to SSL with one click.
THREE SIMPLE STEPS FOR SETUP:
- Activate Really Simple SSL
- Activate SSL in your best web hosting reddit environment, or generate a free Let’s Encrypt certificate in Really Simple SSL. (new)
- Enable SSL with One Click
HOW DOES REALLY SIMPLE SSL WORK?
- It will first check for an existing SSL certificate. If you don’t have one, you can generate one in the plugin. Depending on your hosting provider, the plugin can also install it for you or assist with instructions.
- The plugin handles most issues WordPress has with SSL. For example, a reverse proxy/load balancer or when no headers are passed to detect SSL.
- All incoming requests are redirected to HTTPS. Default with an internal WordPress redirect, but you can also opt for a .htaccess redirect.
- The site URL and home URL are changed to HTTPS.
- Your insecure content is fixed by replacing all http:// URLs with https://, except hyperlinks to other domains. This happens dynamically, so no database changes are made (except for the site URL and home URL).
- Cookies set with PHP are set securely by setting them with the httpOnly flag.
ABOUT REALLY SIMPLE SSL
contact us if you have any questions, issues, or suggestions. Really Simple SSL is developed by Really Simple Plugins.
For free SSL certificate generation, Really Simple SSL uses the le acme2 PHP Let’s Encrypt client library, thanks to ‘fbett’ for providing it.